I'm already searching for a good vegan banana bread recipe for SOOO long!!
And I finally got it right, and what a bad thing it would be if I would keep it all to myself,, am I right? ;p
So here you go, the recipe to the most delicious, sweet, gooey, fluffy vegan zucchini-banana bread.
Hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I do!!
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 stp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 overripe banana’s
- 1 finely shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp chia seeds with 2 tbsp water)
- preheat the oven to 175 degrees celcius
- put the milk and apple cider vinegar in a bowl and let it sit for a few minutes.
- grease the baking dish with coconut oil, or line with parchment paper.
- mash the bananas, and grate the zucchini.
- put the rest of the wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl except of the zucchini.
- start mixing the wet ingredients.
- when everything is combined, put the grated zucchini in the wet mixture as well.
- now put in the dry ingredients as well and stir until combined. *watch out you don’t over stir the mixture!
- put the mixture in the baking dish and put it in the oven for about 50 minutes.
- Let cool. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Taste and texture are much better the second day (and even better the third day as it gets sweeter). Leftovers can be sliced and frozen for up to a month. If you want to frost the bread you can use about 1/2 cup softened coconut butter—sweetened if desired.