sweet potato, chickpea burgers
Again a burger recipe? Jeah, I know,, I'm just REALLY into making healthy and delicious burgers lately. But this recipe wasn't actually planned,, I was just using things up I had left in the fridge, and it ended up in these DELICIOUS burgers. HA, lucky me!
I used them for dinner as 'meat' replacement, and took it with me to work in a salad.
After eating all of these, I thought it was worth sharing them with you.
Hopefully you're gonna like them as much as I do.
- 1 large sweet potato (I used about 650 grams)
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 white onion
- 2 gloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2 table spoons coconut oil
- 1 table spoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- almond flour to roll the patties in
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius
- Dice the sweet potato into small cubes and put them in the oven until they’re soft (I left the skin on, but feel free to take it off)
- pour all the other ingredients into a large mixing bowl and start to combine
- Then put in the baked sweet potato in the large mixing bowl as well and start blending it up with a handmixer
- Separate the mixture into about 10 equal balls, then use your hands to form them into patties from about 2cm thick.
- Roll the patties into the almond meal
- Pour some oil into a large pan, and bake the patties until nice and brown.
- Serve them just as they are next to a salad, or put them on a burger bun with lettuce and ketchup!