coconut caramel crunch bars
Hey lovely blog readers!
I have a NEW recipe that I think you guys are going to LOVE!
These raw vegan treats have got to be one of the best recipes I've ever made!
This one is gluten free, dairy free, soy free and most importantly... insanely delicious!
It's even approved by my lovely roomie!
This salty, sweet, gooey bar is perfect for my 'snicker' lovers.
I used to be obsessed with anything salted caramel. These days I use my cravings for those childhood sweets as inspiration for my healthy creations. And I find the best thing with this recipe, that I don't have to bake it!
Keep reading for a delicious drool-worthy easy recipe to try at home!
+/- 3 little dessert trays (see pictures)
V, gf, df
Ingredients for the bottom layer
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 2/3 cup buckwheat meal
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 cap vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp water
Ingredients for the middle layer
- 12 dates
- 7 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup honey
- pink salt
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1 cup shredded coconut
Ingredients for the top layer
- 1,5 chocolate bar, *I used 70% dark chocolate
- Put the 12 dates in hot water and soak them for about 10 minutes
- put all the ingredients, except for the 2 table spoons of water, into a big mixing bowl and mix it together.
- add the water if necessary.
- put in a big tray, or like me in little trays, some baking paper and spread the bottom layer out on the baking paper.
- put it in the freezing
- take the dates out of the water and put them in a blender or food processor.
- blend the dates with 7 table spoons of water until smooth
- get the dates out of the blender and put it into a mixing bowl together with the other ingredients for the middle layer.
- mix it well together and place it on top of the bottom layer.
- put the tray back into the freezer.
- melt de chocolate and pour in on top of the other 2 layers.
- sprinkle some pink salt and/or nuts on top.
- let it cool down and set in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.